Engineers' Club 2019
OU Engineers' Club was established in 1910 with the goal of uniting the engineers in the college. We serve the engineering students by connecting engineers of different majors, backgrounds, interests, and skill sets to succeed at the university and beyond. Through our social events and valuable opportunities, Engineers' Club is on a mission to better the Gallogly College of Engineering and the Mewbourne College of Earth and Energy.
What We Do
Engineers' Club is a social organization at OU. We put on events that allow engineering students to come relax and destress during the semester. With how hard our classes can get during the semester, having an hour or two to take a break helps increase our productivity as students. This coming spring, our events will be:
- Valentines for Charity: gathering engineers the night before Valentines Day to write valentines for charity. We are currently deciding between Valentines for Veterans or sending them to children in hospitals located throughout the United States.
- Engineers' Week: a nation-wide celebration of engineers and everything we do. During this week, Engineers' Club collaborates with other student organizations to create a week that is fun for all of our engineering student body!
- Volunteering: Every spring semester, Engineers' Club participates in the Big Event. The Big Event is a campus-wide day of volunteering at local schools, businesses, and more! We are also partnering with Engineers Serving Others to host a volunteering event for our members.
- National Association of Engineering Student Councils Engineering Leadership Summit: this year, Engineers' Club has registered as part of NAESC! They hold two conferences every academic year. Unfortunately, this semester we can only afford to send two of our officers to this great summit that provides us with opportunities to grow professionally and develop as a leader.
- Smaller Events: this spring, we will also hold three general meetings that allow the Engineers' Club members to hang out through things like game nights or story nights. We also hold two small movie nights that allow engineers to come grab some snacks and watch great movie classics. Lastly, we hold a Cinco de Abril celebration that has free tamales and a salsa competition.
Engineers' Club is running low on funds to make all of our events possible this semester. We need your help to make sure we can continue to serve the students of our college! We are trying to find new ways to bring our engineers together and help each other push through each semester. We are asking for your support to help us succeed as an organization and as a student body. We promise that all of your contributions will go directly to the club to help us serve our students.
Thank you so much for your support!